Friends of the Aquarium
Want to visit the National Aquarium whenever you like? Then why not become a Friend of the Aquarium, pay once a year, and save! That's right, being a Friend means you can visit every day* and we'll also keep you informed about special events and occasions.
Whether you come once a month or once a week, being a Friend gives you the flexibility to visit whenever it suits you. Plus, your one-off annual fee is paid for in just three visits. It makes sense to be a Friend of the National Aquarium!
Being a member has other great benefits too. Benefits such as:
- Special invites to events and parties such as new exhibit openings
- 10%* discount at the Treasure Chest Gift Shop and Fish Bowl Cafe
- 10%* discount on entry to the aquarium for your friends when accompanied by you
There are several membership options available to suit your circumstances. Please contact us today to discuss which is best for you.
* The National Aquarium is open every day from 9am-5pm (with last entry at 4.30pm), except Christmas Day.
* Some exclusions apply to the 10% discount such as sale items in the gift shop and some pre-packaged items in the cafe. Ask staff for details.
* Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
This is perfect for any individual 15yrs or older and is usable only by the person named on the application. No children can be added to this membership option.
One Adult/One Child
With this option, the membership is in the childs name and the adult is flexible. This allows any parent, caregiver or adult family member to visit with the child. Note the named child on the application is deemed the member and must be present for this membership to be used for entry. Extra children can be added at an additional cost.
Family (Two Adults/Two Children)
This is a great option for the family. It allows 2 adults and 2 children entry. This option is not flexible and is fixed to those individuals named on the application form. Extra children can be added at an additional cost.
For the larger family or if you require more flexibilty, an extra child can be added to either a One Adult/One Child membership or the Family membership. The extra child option, regardless of when purchased, will always expire at the same time as the membership it is linked to.
Friends of the Aquarium Prices
National Aquarium of New Zealand Fees and Charges approved for 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017.
All fees and charges are inclusive of GST (except as noted *).
|Admissions||Fee (incl GST)|
View Fees Applicable from 1 July
|Friends of the Aquarium Membership|
|One Adult/One Child||$80.00|
|Family (2 adults and up to 2 children)||$128.00|
Terms & Conditions
Please read and understand the following information before submitting a Friends of the Aquarium membership application and/or payment.
- Friends of the Aquarium memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Other people are not permitted to use your membership. Please ensure you choose the correct membership type to suit your needs at time of purchase. Staff can assist in this process
- Any Friends of the Aquarium application must be submitted on the correct form in person. Name/s, address, and contact number are mandatory fields (email is elective). Renewal of existing memberships requires a new application completed in full
- Friends of the Aquarium membership begins from the date an application form is submitted and payment is confirmed. For online purchases, a gift card or e-voucher will be issued to the purchaser and the eventual recipient will need to submit an application form in person at the Aquarium when they wish to redeem this. Their membership will then start from this date
- For the purposes of a Friends of the Aquarium membership application, an adult is considered 15yrs or older. A child is from 3 - 14yrs. Any child 2yrs or younger is no charge (as long as a current Friends of the Aquarium member is present or they accompany a paying adult)
- Membership cards issued are not posted out. They can be collected from reception, 5-10 working days after purchase
- On every visit, you must check in at the admissions desk and present your membership card before entry. Your membership card is a requirement of entry.
- In all instances, whomever is listed on the application form will be deemed the named member/s. In situations of doubt or where membership cards are not presented, other forms of identification may be requested before entry is permitted.
- Friends of the Aquarium memberships cannot be used for entry to education programmes, birthday party packages purchased through the Aquarium, or any other Aquarium product or service
- In submitting a membership application, you consent to allow us to photograph the member/s for security purposes (proof of I.D.). This photograph is only used in-house and is not shared with any other business or organisation
- In submitting a membership application and making payment, you agree to abide by these terms & conditions and acknowledge that you have read and understand them
- We recommend keeping your reciept as proof of purchase