Sleep with the sharks and stingrays
- Groups of children aged five and over (adult ratio 1:6 required)
- Minimum of 20 people
- Suitable for school groups, brownies, guides, scouts, cubs, etc.
The sleepover programme is run by a National Aquarium of New Zealand Sleepover Supervisor who will be accompanied by one or two assistants depending on the group size. The programme will vary depending on the staff, time of year, theme or nature of the group, but will include:
- Games Competitions
- Scavenger hunt
- Feeding the animals and lots more
Start time: 6pm
(For schools a free education lesson can be arranged prior to your sleepover from 5pm – see ‘Education for School Sleepovers’)
Finish time: approx 8.30am the following day
- Groups stay in the National Aquarium – Exhibition Hall (in front of the Pania Reef Tank)
- We provide dinner, supper and breakfast (please make us aware of any special dietary requirements)
- The dinner is Burger Fuel with adult and child sized meals. (Alternative burgers available on request for special dietary needs: gluten free/vegetarian/allergies)
- Children and adults all sleep in the same area on carpeted floor.
- Please note there are no public showers.
- When you arrive please come to the main entrance.
- Free parking is available outside the building.
$49.00 per person. This price is the same for both adults and children.
You will be invoiced by the Napier City Council on the day after the sleepover. Please provide all contact details on booking.
The minimum number for any sleepover is 20 people (adults and children). If you have less than 20 people in your group but are happy to pay the total cost for 20 people we are happy to run the evening with a smaller group. The maximum number is flexible and to the discretion of the National Aquarium of New Zealand. Larger groups over 40 may be required to sleep in separate areas due to safety regulations.
What to bring?
- Sleeping bag, pillow, blanket if necessary, sleeping mat or stretcher etc
- A written list of all the attendees who will stay
- over night
- At least one large torch for the group to use
NB: Our exhibition hall can be quite cold at night, please ensure everyone has warm clothing and sleeping gear.
Other things to know…
Adults are in charge of the supervision of children in their group and assist in the general running of the programme.
Absolutely no alcohol, drugs or smoking. No pets.
If you wish to cancel your booking please do so at least four days beforehand.
Please contact us a week before your sleepover to give us final confirmed numbers. We will need total adults in the group and total children so we can order the right sized meals.
NB: These are the numbers we order dinners for – if they change after the final confirmation, please let