Celebrate Children’s Day at the Aquarium
Come celebrate Children’s Day in Napier on Sunday 4 March at one of Napier City Council’s facilities.
The facilities do something special to mark Children’s Day, on the first Sunday of March, every year.
Many other countries recognise Children’s Day and it has been held in New Zealand since 2000. It is an opportunity for families and communities to support and nurture children, with communities and organisations nationwide hosting activities and events designed to bring families together and show how important children are in our community.
“It’s important that children see that they are valued members of society, just as adults are. It’s wonderful to be able to offer this opportunity to families in Hawke’s Bay, I hope plenty of people can join us in marking this special day,” says Antoinette Campbell, Director Community Services, Napier City Council.
Special offers and events in Napier include:
- Bay Skate, entry for two children for the price of one (children aged between 4 and 17)
- Napier Aquatic Centre, $2 for entry and slide per child (normal price is $8.50 per child)
- Napier Libraries, bring the kids along for a special story time featuring ocean themed stories, song and play, 10.30am at both Taradale and Napier Libraries, free entry for all
- MTG Hawke’s Bay, kids can explore MTG with seek and find activity sheets and crafts, have a go on the interactive Play Hawke’s Bay photo boards and create their own jazz with the interactive board in the He Manu Tioriori exhibition, free entry for all
- National Aquarium of New Zealand, free entry for one child when accompanied by one paying adult (children aged between 3 and 14)
- Par2MiniGolf, free entry for one child when accompanied by one paying adult (children aged between 3 and 14)
19 February 2018