The sleepover programme is run by a National Aquarium of New Zealand sleepover supervisor who will be accompanied by one or two assistants depending on the group size.
The programme will vary depending on the staff, time of year, theme or nature of the group, but will include:
- Scavenger hunt
- Feeding the animals and lots more.
Start time: 6pm
Finish time: approx 8.30am the following day.
- Groups stay in the National Aquarium Exhibition Hall (in front of the Pania Reef Tank)
- We provide dinner, supper and breakfast (please make us aware of any special dietary requirements)
- The dinner is Burger Fuel with adult and child sized meals. (Alternative burgers available on request for special dietary needs: gluten free/Halal/vegetarian/allergies)
- Children and adults all sleep in the same area on carpeted floor
- Please note there are no public showers
- When you arrive please come to the main entrance
- Free parking is available outside the building.
What to bring?
- Sleeping bag, pillow, blanket if necessary, sleeping mat or stretcher etc
- A written list of all the attendees who will stay over night
- At least one large torch for the group to use.
NB: Our exhibition hall can be quite cold at night, please ensure everyone has warm clothing and sleeping gear.
Other things to know
Adults are in charge of the supervision of children in their group and assist in the general running of the programme. Absolutely no alcohol, drugs or smoking. No pets.
National Aquarium of New Zealand Fees and Charges approved for 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
All fees and charges are inclusive of GST (except as noted *).
|Admissions||Fee (incl GST)|